Barton & Tredworth
Neighbourhood Partnership

Pride in the community

B&T Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Re: Your stage 2 complaint request - Q3/60/COMP/AMEY

Joe K

Wed, Jan 11, 2017 1:17 pm:

-----Original Message-----

To: 'Joe Kilker'

Cc: 'Corporate Complaints Team'

Sent: Mon, Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Subject: New complaint - Q3/60/COMP/AMEY

Dear Mr Kilker,

I am a member of the complaints team and have been asked to respond to your complaint by Ivana Wilson.

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the service provided by Amey Highways, looking through the email trail prior to your complaint there seems to have been some confusion with reports you were chasing.

I can confirm that the report Amanda thought you were chasing was Millbrook Street logged by yourself 10.12.2016 (I have attached your report on Fix My Street), this was then passed to the highways safety inspector on the 12.12.2016 and he raised a works order for repair. The defect was then repaired on the 14.12.2016 job completed.

In regards to the report you made regarding a pothole on The Laurels (also attached) this was originally logged on the 06.10.2016 and although the subject does mention ‘outside The Treddy’ in the location notes it stated outside 7 The Laurels, the safety inspector visited site on the 13.10.2016 and reported ‘no defects found outside no.7’. Following a report on Twitter this was then passed back to the safety inspector on the 09.12.2016 requesting he re-inspect outside The Treddy, on re-inspection he did locate the defect and has raised a works order to repair the pothole under reference 42248595 which is due to be completed by the 17.01.2016.

Again sorry for the confusion caused, however when searching for a report without a reference number we use surnames and the type of report ie Potholes, unfortunately this can sometimes bring up several reports.

In accordance with our corporate complaints policy, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the Stage 1 investigation, you may request a Stage 2 review. If you wish to request a Stage 2 review, please contact the Corporate Complaints team and give clear details of which aspects of the Stage 1 investigation you are dissatisfied with and your reasons for this (for information, this would not refer to an outcome being unsatisfactory to yourself, but the specific reasons our response was unsatisfactory as a response).

To do this, please contact the Corporate Complaints team on:

Email: 

Cc: 'GCCComplaints'

There has been much 'confusion', most, if not all of it on Amey's side.

I reported a small sinkhole in the pavement at one end of Millbrook St, close to the Derby Rd junction, outside what the council are now calling '11 County Crescent', after a public house demolished for community housing. '11 Millbrook St' is on the other end of the road. The 'confusion', her and by The Treddy, could be avoided by using the pin on the map as a guide, rather than what address the software currently gives you. However, despite the fact that this sinkhole has been filled in, the yellow traffic lines, completely faded in some parts, patchy in other, that I reported for the same location, have not been dealt with, despite the summer providing every opportunity to do so.

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/940083

The same goes for the vanished lines I reported on Barton Street, outside Biedronki's

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/838657

Worst still, a large depression at the junction of Eastgate St and Nettleton Rd, leaves a huge puddle every time it rains, and has done for over a year, despite also being reported early.

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/804892

I could go on to mention the four metal 'spikes' on my block left by metal sign posts being removed badly with a disc cutter. All reported, but only one has been patched over, the rest were left. Again, the map makes their locations clear

https://www.fixmystreet.com/around?pc=Barton,%20Gloucester&zoom=5&lat=51.85932&lon=-2.23188&layers=B

I can give you these

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/901612

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/939078

and another barrier, outside a junior school which was badly damaged weeks, if not months ago, and has evidently not been reported by the police, traffic wardens, teachers or the council, which has ignored a tweeted picture of it. I surmise that authorities want to keep costs down to a minimum, and therefore approach every report at a crawl, if at all. Am I wrong?

And last I checked, the deep hole outside The Treddy was still there, with the contractors who could have fixed it in minutes now gone, despite being reported at the beginning of October, so yes, I do request a Stage 2 review

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/905275

Joe Kilker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wed, Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Subject: Your stage 2 complaint request - Q3/60/COMP/AMEY

Dear Mr Kilker

I am writing in response to the request you have made to escalate your complaint. I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the Stage 1 response you have received from Amey. In accordance with the corporate complaints procedure, a complaints manager will review your complaint and the responses you have received regarding it and consider whether a Stage 2 investigation should be undertaken. The Stage 2 investigation would be carried out by a senior manager who has not previously been involved in the complaint.

Your request was received on 11th January and Colin Davies, the complaints manager who has been asked to investigate the issues you have raised, will aim to respond directly to you with his decision within 10 working days of receipt (which will take us up to 25th January). If you need to get in touch with Colin,

please e-mail &&& or call on 01452 427374.

Information about Gloucestershire County Council’s complaints process is available from our website: www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/feedback or can be supplied upon request.

Kind regards,

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eve Alexander | Customer Feedback & Complaints Officer | CYP-B Sourcing Pool Administrator

Great. You can add to that complaint that Amey were definitely told about the barrier damaged (almost certainly by a vehicle) outside Tredworth Junior School, more than three months ago. This might be of concern to Jasminder Gill, if she was ever concerned about anything locally, and if you personally hadn't completely let her off the hook for ignoring residents' emails, which she continues to do.

Joe Kilker

---------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wed, Jan 19, 2017 3:13 pm

You can further add that another seven days later, still nothing has been done about the damaged barriers in front of the school, despite Amey being told of this over three months ago. There's no point just keeping this to a private correspondence now, so you, or anyone else, can read it, and any subsequent updates, here:

http://bartred.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13413436-re-your-stage-2-complaint-request-q3-60-comp-amey?next=

---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Fri, Jan 20, 2017 9:15 am

Dear Mr Kilker

I am writing to you with regards to your Stage 2 complaint request.

I have met with Amey colleagues and following this meeting I requested additional information regarding the issues you felt were still outstanding. Please see their findings detailed below:

· Millbrook Street - An enquiry was logged under reference 22010117 on the 12.12.2016 regarding a sinkhole and noting the yellow lines are faded; this was then passed to the Safety Inspector who raised a works order to repair the sink hole which was completed on the 14.12.2016. Unfortunately the enquiry was closed down once the repair had taken place instead of being passed to the parking team at Gloucestershire County Council to investigate the yellow line issue for which I apologise. Amey have now passed this enquiry onto the parking team.

· Barton Street – An enquiry was logged under reference 11107547 on the 15.06.2016, this was then passed to the parking team on the 01.08.2016 at the request of the area highways representative. An email was also sent to yourself on the same date advising you of this. The parking team have advised that Barton Street is not on their list for refreshing at present so Amey have re-sent the enquiry for investigation. Amey have spoken with the parking team and they have advised that they have a very long list of refreshing work for the county; this does mean that road lining that is almost or completely missing does take priority. They also advised that even if lining is faded the Traffic Regulation Order is still enforceable.

· Eastgate Street – An enquiry was logged under reference 22010117 on the 12.04.2016. The Safety Inspector reported that a routine inspection was carried out on the 12.04.2016 and no actionable safety defects were found. I have attached a copy of the Highways Safety Inspection manual for information.

· Four metal spikes – Unfortunately the link provided to ‘Fix my Street’ had no location notes. Various pinpoints on the map were checked and two reports for metal spikes were found; the first being for Derby Road and the second being for Hethersett Road, which we believe is where the posts you are referring to are located. Unfortunately Amey are unable to find a log for these for which I apologise; this could be due to the lack of location notes. Amey have now logged this under reference 11129215 and it has been passed to the Safety Inspector to investigate.

· Damaged railing on Victory Road – This Report was made via Twitter to Gloucestershire Police on the 7th January (a screen shot is attached) and @Glos Roads were then added to the tweet on the 10th January at which point it was logged under reference 22010676 and passed to the area highways representative. A six month works order was raised on the 13.01.2017 under reference 43046801 for the railings to be repaired in accordance with Gloucestershire County Council’s policy.

· Pothole outside The Treddy – As previously advised by Amey, a works order was raised for this to be completed by the 17.01.2017 and I have been advised by Amey that this pothole was repaired on the 16.01.2017.

Please be aware that ‘Fix My Street’ is not a County/District Council run website, it is run by My Society and their website states ‘mySociety Limited is a project of UK Citizens Online Democracy, a registered charity in England and Wales.’ May I suggest that any future highway reports are logged through Report It at Gloucestershire County Council (see link below) as you will be given a reference number and you can then track your enquiry for updates by using the reference provided and date of the report. You can also add notes to the enquiry or respond to notes that have been left if needed.

Gloucestershire County Council are currently re-designing the Report It website which will be more user friendly and will have many more features, which they are hoping to launch this in the very near future. They are also looking for members of the public willing to test the website prior to the launch to provide feedback. If you wish to be involved in this project please let us know.

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/reportit

I hope that the above information will be helpful to you.

Given the detailed explanations provided above, I do not believe a formal review of your complaint at stage 2 of the corporate complaints procedure is necessary and I am satisfied that the action taken will resolve the issues that you raised.

If you disagree with my decision and remain unhappy with any element of the complaints procedure, you do have the right to contact the Local Government Ombudsman to have your complaint reviewed independently by them. They can be contacted on 03000 610614 or at www.lgo.org.uk.

Kind regards

cid:[email protected]/* */

Colin Davies

Complaints Manager

--

"Hennimore!!"

January 19, 2017 at 10:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe K

Dear Mr Kilker

Thank you for your email.

I understand that Colin Davies, complaints manager, has addressed your concern regarding the barriers in his response to you this morning regarding your stage 2 request.

Kind regards

Eve Alexander

Customer Feedback & Complaints Officer

01452 427343

As he completely ignored, as evidently you have also, the fact that damage to the barrier outside Tredworth Junior School was reported via email three months prior to the comments on Twitter, then no, he has not 'addressed' my concern. But as that email will have been deleted by Amey as well as ignored by now, just as this one likely will in a few more months, it just reinforces the need for a public record of this discussion.

The bespoke buckled barrier by the bus station reported in September (but perhaps damaged much earlier) has still not been fixed, along with the bent illuminated sign on the other side of the station. The council and Amey could just admit that their budget doesn't stretch to doing their jobs properly, but I guess keeping those jobs a little longer counts for more.

Joe Kilker

--

"Hennimore!!"

January 21, 2017 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe K

Fri, Jan 20, 2017 9:15 am

Dear Mr Kilker

I am writing to you with regards to your Stage 2 complaint request.

I have met with Amey colleagues and following this meeting I requested additional information regarding the issues you felt were still outstanding. Please see their findings detailed below:

· Millbrook Street - An enquiry was logged under reference 22010117 on the 12.12.2016 regarding a sinkhole and noting the yellow lines are faded; this was then passed to the Safety Inspector who raised a works order to repair the sink hole which was completed on the 14.12.2016. Unfortunately the enquiry was closed down once the repair had taken place instead of being passed to the parking team at Gloucestershire County Council to investigate the yellow line issue for which I apologise. Amey have now passed this enquiry onto the parking team.

· Barton Street – An enquiry was logged under reference 11107547 on the 15.06.2016, this was then passed to the parking team on the 01.08.2016 at the request of the area highways representative. An email was also sent to yourself on the same date advising you of this. The parking team have advised that Barton Street is not on their list for refreshing at present so Amey have re-sent the enquiry for investigation. Amey have spoken with the parking team and they have advised that they have a very long list of refreshing work for the county; this does mean that road lining that is almost or completely missing does take priority. They also advised that even if lining is faded the Traffic Regulation Order is still enforceable.

· Eastgate Street – An enquiry was logged under reference 22010117 on the 12.04.2016. The Safety Inspector reported that a routine inspection was carried out on the 12.04.2016 and no actionable safety defects were found. I have attached a copy of the Highways Safety Inspection manual for information.

· Four metal spikes – Unfortunately the link provided to ‘Fix my Street’ had no location notes. Various pinpoints on the map were checked and two reports for metal spikes were found; the first being for Derby Road and the second being for Hethersett Road, which we believe is where the posts you are referring to are located. Unfortunately Amey are unable to find a log for these for which I apologise; this could be due to the lack of location notes. Amey have now logged this under reference 11129215 and it has been passed to the Safety Inspector to investigate.

· Damaged railing on Victory Road – This Report was made via Twitter to Gloucestershire Police on the 7th January (a screen shot is attached) and @Glos Roads were then added to the tweet on the 10th January at which point it was logged under reference 22010676 and passed to the area highways representative. A six month works order was raised on the 13.01.2017 under reference 43046801 for the railings to be repaired in accordance with Gloucestershire County Council’s policy.

· Pothole outside The Treddy – As previously advised by Amey, a works order was raised for this to be completed by the 17.01.2017 and I have been advised by Amey that this pothole was repaired on the 16.01.2017.

Please be aware that ‘Fix My Street’ is not a County/District Council run website, it is run by My Society and their website states ‘mySociety Limited is a project of UK Citizens Online Democracy, a registered charity in England and Wales.’ May I suggest that any future highway reports are logged through Report It at Gloucestershire County Council (see link below) as you will be given a reference number and you can then track your enquiry for updates by using the reference provided and date of the report. You can also add notes to the enquiry or respond to notes that have been left if needed.

Gloucestershire County Council are currently re-designing the Report It website which will be more user friendly and will have many more features, which they are hoping to launch this in the very near future. They are also looking for members of the public willing to test the website prior to the launch to provide feedback. If you wish to be involved in this project please let us know.

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/reportit

I hope that the above information will be helpful to you.

Given the detailed explanations provided above, I do not believe a formal review of your complaint at stage 2 of the corporate complaints procedure is necessary and I am satisfied that the action taken will resolve the issues that you raised.

If you disagree with my decision and remain unhappy with any element of the complaints procedure, you do have the right to contact the Local Government Ombudsman to have your complaint reviewed independently by them. They can be contacted on 03000 610614 or at www.lgo.org.uk.

Kind regards

cid:[email protected]/* */

Colin Davies

Complaints Manager

Wed, Jan 25, 2017 1:33 pm

With regard to your first two paragraphs, both DYLs are 'almost or completely missing' so they should be taking priority. The simplest solution to this is that you publicise your list of refreshing work, so that the public will know when (or if) to expect action. Or should I make a FoI request for that information?

Advice that 'the Traffic Regulation Order is still enforceable' is not going to stop motorists, and Biedronki, evidently, from taking liberties. But the council seem to be making a huge effort to ignore the fact that Biedronki can't take deliveries, evening after evening and at other times, without parking illegally, along with their customers/friends.

As for your third paragraph, if you're really saying that the puddle which occurs after a heavy shower or prolonged rain is less actionable than the one at the junction of Tredworth Rd and Wheatstone Rd, which necessitated the provision of a new gulley, I suggest you take another look after the next shower. If you continue to agree with your safety inspector, I guess the Ombudsman is the only option.

As for the spikes, if Amey did not commit to a programme to review and deal with all poorly cut down metal posts when the problem was raised in the local paper, I suppose they never will. Maybe a new company will so commit, and get the tender.

Regarding the damaged railings, are you denying that, as I also mentioned in my tweets (and it's in your screen shot) this was reported to you by email on October the 3rd, last year? I do not believe you can reject a 'formal review of your complaint at stage 2' while you ignore this, along with the fact of that huge puddle on Eastgate St, which has been recurring there for two years now.

And the pothole outside the Treddy has been finally fixed, but only after long delays caused by nothing more than the inability to read a simple map.

Joe Kilker

--

"Hennimore!!"

January 25, 2017 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.